1. Acceptance of Terms.
4. Login/Registration. While some features of Brent are available to unregistered users, for broader access to Brent you must login by creating an “Account”. If registration is made available, you must provide accurate information included on the registration page. You are responsible for updating the accuracy of the information that you provide to us to be associated with your Account. Regarding usernames, you shall not (i) select or use, as your username, the name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; or (ii) select or use, as your username, a name subject to any rights of a person or entity other than you without appropriate authorization.
5. Account Security. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your Account, and for keeping the password for your Account secure. You are not permitted to use another Account without permission. You must notify us immediately of any breach of security or other unauthorized use of your Account. You should never publish, distribute or post login information for your Account.
b. Third Party Materials and Agreements. You may be able to access, download, store or use Third Party Services, resources, content or information (“Third Party Materials”) via Brent. By using the Brent to find and collect material on the Internet, you instruct us to present portions of the data sources that you have selected. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your access to or use of any such Third Party Materials and we disclaim any liability that you may incur arising from your access to or use of such Third Party Materials or User Content (defined below) via a Brent. You acknowledge and agree that we: (i) are not responsible for the availability or accuracy of such Third Party Materials or the products or services on or available from such Third Party Materials; (ii) have no liability to you or any third party for any harm, injuries or losses suffered as a result of your access to or use of such Third Party Materials; and (iii) do not make any promises to remove Third Party Materials from being accessed through Brent. Your ability to access or link to Third Party Materials or third party services does not imply any endorsement by us of Third Party Materials or any such third party services.
c. User Content. All Content added, created, uploaded, curated, submitted, distributed, or posted to Brent by users, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (collectively “User Content”), is the sole responsibility of the user who originated it. You acknowledge that all Content accessed by you using Brent is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to you or any other party resulting therefrom. When you delete your User Content, it will be removed from Brent. However, you understand that (i) certain User Content will remain available and (ii) any removed User Content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not following removal be shared with others).
d. Our Content. Brent contains Content specifically provided by us or our partners and such Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through Brent.
f. Content License Grants.
i. License to Us. By submitting User Content through Brent, you hereby do and shall grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable license to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, transmit, stream, display, perform, and otherwise fully exploit the User Content in connection with Brent and our (and its successors and assigns’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of Brent, Content posted on Brent, and derivative works thereof, or Brent in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third party websites and feeds).
ii. License to Users. You also hereby do and shall grant each user of Brent a non-exclusive license to access, use, download, store, transmit, stream, display, perform and print your User Content through Brent, and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Content.
iii. No Infringement. You represent and warrant that you have all rights to grant such licenses without infringement or violation of any third party rights, including without limitation, any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
8. Rules of Conduct.
b. You shall not, and shall not permit any third party to, either (i) take any action or (ii) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content (including User Content) on or through Brent that:
i. infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty; ii. is unlawful, such as content that is threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, or tortuous;
ii. constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (“spamming”);
iii. contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of us or any third party;
iv. impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives;
v. includes anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information; or
vi. is otherwise determined by us to be inappropriate at its sole discretion.
c. You shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by us in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our (or our third party providers’) infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of Brent or any activities conducted on Brent; (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to Brent (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to Brent); (iv) run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on Brent; (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any web pages associated with Brent, or any third party web pages accessed through Brent; (vi) harvest or scrape any Content from Brent; or (vii) otherwise take any action in violation of our guidelines and policies.
d. You shall not (directly or indirectly): (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any aspect, feature or part of Brent, except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction; (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of Brent; or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. You will comply with any technical restrictions of Brent that allow you to use Brent only in certain ways.
9. Third Party Services. Brent may permit you to access content from or to link to other websites, services or resources on the Internet, and those other websites, services or resources may contain links to Brent. When you access third party resources on the Internet, you do so at your own risk. These other resources are not under our control and you acknowledge that we are not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. Such inclusion does not imply endorsement by us or any association with our operators. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
11. Warranty Disclaimer.
a. We have no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that we have no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding:
i. which users gains access to Brent;
ii. what Content you access via Brent;
iii. what effects the Content may have on you;
iv. how you may interpret or use the Content; or
v. what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content.
b. You release us from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through Brent. The Services may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. We make no representations concerning any Content contained in or accessed through Brent, and it will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through Brent.
c. BRENT AND ALL CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. WE, AND OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (I) BRENT WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (II) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (III) ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH BRENT IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (IV) THE RESULTS OF USING BRENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR USE OF BRENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
d. WE MAKE NO GUARANTY OF CONFIDENTIALITY OR PRIVACY OF ANY COMMUNICATION OR INFORMATION TRANSMITTED ON THE SERVICES OR ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO THE SERVICES. We will not be liable for the privacy of e-mail addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade-secret information, or any other Content stored on our equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by Brent, or otherwise connected with your use of Brent.
13. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, OUR AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS, REPRESENTATIVES OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO BRENT (I) FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING); OR (II) FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION). NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SUCH LIABILITY EXCEED ANY DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR BRENT IN THE AGGREGATE.
a. Force Majeure. We shall not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation.
17. Contact. You may contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.